The price is applicable to natural fancy black diamonds and it differs from seller to seller.
Black diamond is an impure form of polycrystalline diamond which consists of diamond, graphite, and amorphous carbon. These are basically of three types namely natural, treated and lab made. They inherit the color from the impurities that come by in the process of their formation.
|Price||$3,000 - $5,000|
|Price Details||The price is applicable to natural fancy black diamonds and it differs from seller to seller.|
|Is it Natural||yes|
|Availability||A little rare|
|Formula Mass.||12.01 g/mol|
- These are also called “Carbonados Diamonds”, a term coined by the Portuguese for the burnt or carbonized appearance, like porous charcoal.
- Millions of small black crystals together constitute a large black diamond.
- There are several theories regarding the formations of these diamonds. Some expounds that these might be result of spontaneous fission of uranium and thorium, others say it could be formed through a meteoric impact or radiation.
- These are the toughest diamonds and measures a 10 on a Moh's scale.
- Black diamonds absorbs light rather than reflecting it. Therefore, the shines comes from polished surfaces.