A 0.5 carat light colored loose blue diamond costs around $50,000 dollars while an intense blue colored 0.5 carat loose diamond will cost around $135,000 dollars.
Blue diamond is a natural rare diamond which has the same properties of the mineral except that they are blue in color. It is one of the most preferred gemstones for engagement rings, earrings, and necklaces. Since there are rare diamonds, their value is quite high, making the jewelry options a bit pricey.
|Price Details||A 0.5 carat light colored loose blue diamond costs around $50,000 dollars while an intense blue colored 0.5 carat loose diamond will cost around $135,000 dollars.|
|Is it Natural||Yes|
|Formula Mass.||12.01 g/mol|
- Their rare color and high clarity make them extremely valuable gems among those precious ones.
- These get their color from the presence of boron and the shades differ with the amount of boron in the carbon atom.
- Most pure blue diamonds belong to Type IIb, which completely lack nitrogen impurities or either have very few.
- These diamonds earlier used to develop in Golconda mine in India.
- These are not treated to gain their color, instead these are mined with the natural blue color that they possess.