A large low quality sapphire costs more than a small high quality sapphire stone.
These gemstones belong to the corundum family of minerals and have a sparkling appearance. It attains its color from the trace amount of elements. These are valued on the basis of their color and clearer the blue shade the more is the value it has.
|Price||$25 - $11000|
|Price Details||A large low quality sapphire costs more than a small high quality sapphire stone.|
|Is it Natural||Yes|
|Availability||A little rare|
- Sapphires are heavier than diamonds. These, one carat of sapphire looks smaller than 1 carat diamond.
- The value of this gemstone is evaluated on the 4c's (Carat, Color, Clarity, Cut)
- A pinkish orange variety called "Padparadscha", a Sanskrit word for lotus flower, is the rarest type of fancy sapphire.
- This gemstone is famous for its mystical properties and is believed to protect the wearer from evil.
- It scores 9 on the moh's scale and diamond is the only natural item that can scratch sapphire.